[mythtv-users] mytharchive broken mpeg2enc from ATrpm RPM?

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Sun Aug 19 22:11:56 UTC 2007

Rich West wrote:
> I'm having my first, second, and third go around with mytharchive, and,
> while I have made some progress getting it running on a frontend-only
> system by:
> o Adding the right entry in to the database (insert into settings
> (value, data, hostname) VALUES ('RecordFilePrefix', '/video',
> 'mythfrontend');)
> o Copying mythreplex from my backend server
> o Exporting and mounting my video directory off of the backened server
> on to the frontend server
>
> Everything chugged along fine the last go-around until:
> **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] mpeg2enc is currently broken.  If you really want to
> use it delete this line and recompile
> ERROR: Failed while running png2yuv - png2yuv -n 449 -v0 -I p -f 29.97
> -j '/tmp/archive/work/background-1.png' | mpeg2enc -b 5000 -a 3 -v 1 -f
> 8 -o '/tmp/archive/work/temp.m2v'
>
> It looks like mpeg2enc was compiled to error out right away:
> # mpeg2enc
> **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] mpeg2enc is currently broken.  If you really want to
> use it delete this line and recompile
>
> These are all from the RPMs.  Is this something new, or should I go
> ahead and download the source RPM from ATrpms and build it with the
> error line commented out?
>
> -Rich

I remember going through some minor contortions to get mytharchive
working on my standalone frontend as well, also running AT RPMs, several
  months ago.

I did not run into your particular error, but I found it helpful for
troubleshooting purposes to run the command that mytharchive complained
about directly on the command line.  I could usually see a more detailed
error message than would appear in the log, which in more than one case
gave me enough information to solve the problem.

--
George