[mythtv-users] Xmltv channel renamer

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sun Aug 19 18:20:37 UTC 2007

I would like to see your script.  I've got such a project planned but
have not started yet.  I'm waiting to see what the schedulesdirect guys
offer.  Zap2it provides two options for our zipcode; standard cable and
digital cable.  We have standard cable but Comcast includes (as they
should/must?) OTA digital channels.  These channels are not included in
the standard cable listings so I have no scheduling info for them.  The
digital schedules have all the shows but they are on channels that don't
really exist; they are numbers on the Comcast cable box and run up into
the 900's.  Myth barfs on these channels and deletes them from the
lineup if I try to use the digital lineup.  I thought I'd write a script
to transcode the digital listings to the channels that Myth finds and
have mythfilldatabase load from the local XML file my script creates.
I'm hoping schedulesdirect may find some listings that include what's
REALLY coming over our wire, but I'm betting that's up to Comcast and
those bastards aren't interested in actually serving us.

Any way, can you send me the script?  mythtv at guiplot dot com.  Thanks.

DaveD