[mythtv-users] White bleeding on edges of screen

Michael Knoll michael.knoll at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:50:39 UTC 2007

I had similar ghosting before.  My cause was using Myth's GUI size in
Setup->Appearance->Screen settings.  Since Myth was displaying in a
window not filling the screen, the edges of the screen, which were cut
off by the TV, were still including in the TV's white balance.  At
this time this sections was the background color.  Since playing full
screen in xine/mplayer consumed the entire screen, the issue did not
show.

The solution for me was to set the desktop background to black.  That
way the pixels off the screen were black, and not effecting the white
balancing of the TV.

Hope this helps.

Mike