[mythtv-users] DEBUGGING INFO: Kernel message out of nowhere

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 19:28:35 UTC 2007

On 18/08/2007 20:13, Lan Barnes wrote:

> A rather harsh judgement,

I might have been a bit brief, but wasn't intending anything else.

> considering any crash report shows some effort
> to be of help

If it had been a crash somewhere within myth I could understand why
you'd post it here (or as you realised the -devel list) even if you'd
posted it to a linux list the fact of tainting the kernel (presumably
with proprietary video drivers) would mean a general lack of interest in
the problem.

> Curious that bash/ssh would choose to do that on a myth machine having
> never done that previously in years of use on any of my other FC/RH boxes.
> But obviously I passed this on because I'm not qualified to assess it.

I looks like it crashed trying to allocate memory, so quite likely
something else has corrupted memory, or you might have a hardware fault
developing, or it might be "one of those things".

> I'll leave it up a little longer in case anyone suggests a worthwhile
> experiment in this condition and then do a cold boot.

Unfortunately I suspect that's what you'll have to do.