[mythtv-users] forums are up

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Aug 18 15:59:48 UTC 2007

Robert Eden wrote:
> On 8/17/2007 1:26 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>> Mercury Morris wrote:
>>
>>> See http://forums.schedulesdirect.org
>>>
>> Not to be critical, I know this is new, but why is British English the
>> only language selection?
>>
> Because it was the default ( and only choice available )

Perfectly logical explanation. It might even improve the language skills
of some of us.

A lot of the differences are just idioms. A friend of mine got in a lot
of trouble with his G/F when he told her he would "knock her up" in the
morning.

Americans are generally terrible with languages. I recall one Mexican
speaker at a Linux Expo who began by saying "please excuse my speech, I
learned English from Usenet". (Miguel E).

BEWW