[mythtv-users] UK listings problem

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:24:55 UTC 2007

On 17/08/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> Moderately interesting side note. If you scroll to the bottom of the directory
> in which you found the 3-number.dat files, you will find a file called
> "channels.dat".
>
> This is a text file containing one line for each channel the RT system handles,
> having a name and an index number. The index numbers, I think, then correspond
> to each of the other files in the same directory. The "channels.dat" file can be
>   useful if you have problems and have to examine the output of mythfilldatabase.

The channel_ids file in your XMLTV share directory is even more useful
as it maps the Radio Times channel codes to the XMLTV IDs that are
used by mythfilldatabase. MFDB does not use the RT codes at all - as
these are handled by the tv_grab_uk_rt grabber internally.

In my experience, the early hours of the morning is when the RT
updates, so don't be surprised if tv_grab_uk_rt fails completely or
can't grab listings for particular channels during this time.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/