[mythtv-users] so where can I buy a Cablecard Set Top Box?

Victor Perez spectro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:19:46 UTC 2007

I went HDTV a couple of weeks ago and picked up the cable's DVR until I
figured how to make mythtv to work with HDTV. Yesterday I got my cable bill
and my TV service pretty much doubled by adding HDTV tier and $14 for "DVR
service".

I already got myth to get some HDTV through firewire so I am returning their
DVR this weekend but I will not have access to some of the channels I am
paying for, I care less for most of them but not having ESPN2HD and TNTHD
(NBA games) is going to suck (ok, the chicks on HDNET's "Get out" are pretty
hot but they talk so much it gets old pretty quick)

I looked all over the internet for retail Cablecard enabled STB and it seems
the cable companies have succeeded in keeping their STB monopoly regardless
of FCC regulations.