[mythtv-users] Closed captions over component?

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:46:52 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Running MythTV-0.20 frontend on an XBox (Xebian 1.0.3).  It's
connected via component cables to an HDTV (Sharp Aquos LC-37D62U).
When watching recordings, the TV doesn't pick up the closed
captioning.  I know that mythfrontend displays captions, but I want to
see if the TV itself can display the CC stream since it's not
distorted by any aspect-ratio stretching features of the TV.

Most of my recordings are from a bttv-based capture card; but my
understanding was that CC/VBI data was passed through to the TV.  It
is because I'm using component hook ups that the TV doesn't detect any
captions?

Thanks