[mythtv-users] Ir Blaster?

jphughes at optonline.net jphughes at optonline.net
Fri Aug 17 15:19:46 UTC 2007

I have recently installed Myth TV and thanks to help from people on this users list have it working well.  The next issue I would like to solve (if possible) is to install an Ir blaster to control my Scientific Atlantic  4200 Cable Box.  I have spent  some time researching the web  for  current information on how to do this  but most of the info is very dated. I do have a Hauppauge   PVR-150 which has it own receiver and blaster. I would like to use this if possible.  I found one explanation but is requires either a patched verison of LIRC which I would prefer not to use. I am currently running Fedora 7, Kernel 2.6.22.1-41.FC7. lirc is installed and working using the PVR-150 receiver to control Myth OSD.  So is their a way to accomplish this. Thanks