[mythtv-users] UK listings problem

sven waeyenbergh sven.waeyenbergh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 13:23:18 UTC 2007

peter,

thanks for the suggestion, but that's not the problem.

my problem is after specifying "all" in the terminal window.
The second ( "--manual" ) run afterwards should allow you to specify the
channel order (at least with my belgian listings)
but this second run seems to hang. After about 2 hours i get the first
question asking me what channel number i would like for channel "ABC1".
comparison: The same thing takes about 5 seconds using the very crappy
Belgian tvb grabber.

i have several listings for several pvr cards.
I never got into troubles with this, and it seems like UK listings should go
even better then the others, since bleb seems to provide XML.

However, i have heard a lot of peolple complaining about these websites (rt
/ bleb) blocking access to XMLTV.
Most of these seems to be old messages, so i'm not sure if these blocks
still occur. It certainly looks that way when a run my grabbers.

can anyone confirm that either the RT grabber or the bleb grabber runs fine
over there ?
Anyone know what could be blocking my access ? (i am trying to grab UK
listings from a UK website from Belgium,
maybe country block ????

Ban