[mythtv-users] Building a new MythTV box for the living room

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 21:42:47 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv at tedde.nu> wrote:

> I would consider the SP13000 as it has Mpeg4 accelerator as well as a
> Mpeg2 decoder (see the "Comparing the EPIA SP and the EPIA M" section of
> http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=444#p1628 for details.) it also has
> SATA which might be of interest if you ever re-deploy the card for other
> use etc.
> I would not expect any available Epia card to handle h264 video.
>
> If you consider any other Epia card than your intended MII12000 I must
> advice you to read about the chipset support closely, the CN400 in the
> SP13000 is fairly well supported and is capable of quite high
> resolutions (but does not necessarily have the CPU perf to use it)
> whereas CN700 has limited linux support and some other limitations.

I have started to think about EPIA-EN15000G but that have the chip CN700
that you say isn't that good support for. The SP13000 also seems good but I
think it's a bit older, or?!

Is SP13000 a better choice than EN15000G for a MythTV frontend
installation??

> Additional questions...
> > - Do you know any good dealers in Europe ( e.g. UK, Germany, etc) for
> > this kind of hardware (VIA EPIA, small embedded systems,..). I have
> > found http://linitx.com which seems good.
> >

> Komplett.no / Komplett.se (Norway/Sweden)
> Mini-itx.com (UK)
> LogicSupply.com (US) <-- bought my stuff here, not sure if they do
> international sales

And you are from Sweden?! :) or have you been working in US or have some
contacts over there to avoid customs :)

--
Regards
Joacim