[mythtv-users] mysqld cputime

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 15 21:03:36 UTC 2007

Adam Skinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just  a quick question, should mysqld be consuming more cpu than mythbackend?
>
> I know mythtv is geared up for mysql4 , im running mysql 5.0.38-Ubuntu_0ubuntu1
> and my mysqld cputime is about 1/3 more than mythbackend. Mysql has
> some other databases but they are rarely if ever used. I've done the
> odd bit of optimization on mysqld as well.
>
> Is this generally the norm?

Not on my system either. Mysqld is always 3 or 4th in my top listing
behind the front and backend and sometimes behind other processes too. I
am not sure its still true but for the longest time mysql 5 was not
supported for myth use as it has/had some issues. You might want to go
back thru the archives about 6 months as there was a fair amount of
discussion about the subject.

Good luck,
Bill