[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: Internal Player, mplayer or Xine which is prefered?

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Wed Aug 15 19:21:13 UTC 2007

Anthony Giggins wrote:
> Hey People,
>
> I recently upgraded from Mythdora 3.2 to 4.0 and have had some issues with
> Xine not playing the audio from some XVID avi's but it is working from
> others all of these are using MP3 audio at 128 bit rate. these worked fine
> in version 3.2 which used mplayer by default I believe.
>
> So this has raised the question which is prefered by everyone for
> mythvideo playback Xine, mplayer or the Internal Player? and what are the
> pros and cons of each? I've looked around the wiki and have not really
> found the information I was looking for.
>
> Thank You
>
> Anthony

I use the Internal player simply because it works with the remote
control config that I've already setyp, and has the same OSD. It doesn't
play audio on some of my videos, though, at which point I open them with
mplayer.

Incidentally, it would be nice if there was a way to define multiple
video players (with their command-line parameters), and be able to pick
from each player on a movie-by-movie basis. Kind of like an 'open with'
function.

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T