[mythtv-users] opengl works in image gallery but not menus

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 18:11:11 UTC 2007

Data point from last night

One of the other threads I'm currently involved with sent me to this page.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Override_settings

Last night I installed an updated copy of blootube via the svn trunk themes.

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/themes
cd themes
./configure
qmake themes.pro
sudo make install

mythfrontend -O Themepainter=opengl -O Theme=blootube-wide

Notice I forced the opengl painter.

What do you know, it worked.  This go me wondering if my myththemes
install is too old.  I don't know if I've updated it since the original
install and I know there was some work done on opengl and the myththemes
  because of disappearing menu items as the user passes over them.

Maybe I'll give it a try tonight.  FYI I still don't like opengl
themepainting.  It gives the appearance of being slow, do to the fading.
  I think when I'm done playing I'll switch back to the quick snaps of
qt.  Nice to know it works though.

Jon