[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR-150 - line at top

Matt Mossholder matt+mythTV-Users at mossholder.com
Wed Aug 15 12:17:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 08:30 +0200, Grzegorz Krugły wrote:
> Michael Cook pisze:
> > I have a WinTV PVR-150.  When I play recordings, there's a
> > flickering line at the top of the display (seems to be a single row
> > of pixels).  (I'm using the MythTv player in my Windows-XP machine,
> > in case that matters.)  Does anyone know how I can get rid of that
> > line?
> >
> Try setting the recording resolution to 720x576 (PAL) or 720x480 (NTSC)
> - it seems that PVR150 doesn't like other resolutions and the default
> for MythTV is 480x480 AFAIR.

Given this is a single row of pixels, at the top of the screen, it is
more likely that what Michael is seeing is the VBI data, This row of
pixels is normally in the overscan area when you view on a TV, but is
displayed when playing back on a monitor.

If this is the case, take a look around on the wiki for instructions on
how to crop the video before playback.

		--Matt