[mythtv-users] mysqld cputime

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Aug 15 10:56:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, August 15, 2007 9:14 am, Adam Skinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just  a quick question, should mysqld be consuming more cpu than
> mythbackend?
>
> I know mythtv is geared up for mysql4 , im running mysql
> 5.0.38-Ubuntu_0ubuntu1
> and my mysqld cputime is about 1/3 more than mythbackend. Mysql has
> some other databases but they are rarely if ever used. I've done the
> odd bit of optimization on mysqld as well.
>
> Is this generally the norm?

Not on my system.

But I guess it (may) depend on what capture cards you have.  I.e. if you
have a framegrabber and are using software compression (I am) then
mythbackend will have considerably more work to do that if you have a
hardward capture card.

After 19 days uptime, for me top reports:
   TIME+    COMMAND
  18:32.05 mysqld
 200:36.03 mythbackend
 174:44.48 mythfrontend