[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: Internal Player, mplayer or Xine which is prefered?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 15 01:35:59 UTC 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> Hey People,
>
> I recently upgraded from Mythdora 3.2 to 4.0 and have had some
> issues with
> Xine not playing the audio from some XVID avi's but it is working from
> others all of these are using MP3 audio at 128 bit rate. these
> worked fine
> in version 3.2 which used mplayer by default I believe.
>
> So this has raised the question which is prefered by everyone for
> mythvideo playback Xine, mplayer or the Internal Player? and what
> are the
> pros and cons of each? I've looked around the wiki and have not really
> found the information I was looking for.
>
> Thank You
>
> Anthony

I used to use xine exclusively, but recently upgraded to SVN from a
few weeks back and the Internal player is my default now. I still
have an issue with DVD's I've ripped using Perfect setting where the
seek table is messed up. It thinks the movie is like 2 minutes long.
It plays back ok, but skipping around is completely broken on these.
I tried mythcommflag --video <filename> to rebuild the seek table. It
looks like it works, but I end up with the same problem. Annoying,
but the only annoyance.