[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: Internal Player, mplayer or Xine which is prefered?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Aug 15 01:28:21 UTC 2007

Hey People,

I recently upgraded from Mythdora 3.2 to 4.0 and have had some issues with
Xine not playing the audio from some XVID avi's but it is working from
others all of these are using MP3 audio at 128 bit rate. these worked fine
in version 3.2 which used mplayer by default I believe.

So this has raised the question which is prefered by everyone for
mythvideo playback Xine, mplayer or the Internal Player? and what are the
pros and cons of each? I've looked around the wiki and have not really
found the information I was looking for.

Thank You

Anthony