[mythtv-users] Firewire functionality question

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:18:04 UTC 2007

Ok I upgraded to fc6 from fc5 Firewire worked 98% of the time in fc5 ,
now I am lucky if I get it to work at all in fc6.  I have an SA3250
setup as an sa4250 in mythsetup.  When I power down the box and unplug
and replug  the firewire connection I get...

mythtv at mythtv firewire]$ ./firewire_tester -p -n 0
Testing P2P connection, node 0, channel 0
p2p: success, 38 packets received

and can capture with test-mpeg2 -r 0 > testcap.ts.  But when I start
mythbackend I get...
[mythtv at mythtv firewire]$ ./firewire_tester -b -n 0
Testing broadcast connection, node 0, channel 63
broadcast: failed

That being said I am lucky if I get mythtv to record with firewire
after I verify the connection and restart mythbackend.
Is mythbackend supposed to take over and not allow for any other
access to the firewire device??    Can anyone help me out with a good
way to troubleshoot?
I am running myth 0.20.1-161 from atrpms.

Thanks.

-Gregg