[mythtv-users] 3-D UI for Myth, PNP installation, new LinuxMCE

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Aug 12 05:25:02 UTC 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 10:10 PM, Justin Hornsby wrote:

> LinuxMCE has singularly THE worst UI of any OSS project I've seen in a
> long, long time.

Oh, thank you! I thought it was just me so I was keeping quiet about it.

<snip>

> I'm trying hard to see something positive about linuxmce I really am,
> but so far I'm far from convinced it'd be a step in the right
> direction from the point of view of UI design.

I like how you're able to assign icons to particular TV shows to make
them stand out in the interface. Maybe Schedules Direct can even work
something out where they send along program icons much like the
channel icons we get now. I know that would mean a lot of hassle from
content providers, but you never know what could happen. There. I