[mythtv-users] MythWeb - Mix SVN & Package?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sun Aug 12 00:53:55 UTC 2007

William Munson wrote:
> Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill
>>
>> Bummer :) I missed a bunch of recordings yesterday and SWMBO had a hissy
>> fit, not to mention the kids. I built the last install from code and it
>> worked out OK but I remember having issues (which I am sure you helped
>> with at the time). Can I have both versions on the machine while I
>> perfect things?
>>
>> Oh, and I won't need the schedulesdirect code, I am in Australia and use
>> the wonderful Shepherd script.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Bruce
>>
>> _
>>

> The databases are not backwards compatible so in order to have two
> copies available you will need to save your existing database, upgrade
> and play/perfect the install and if you want to go back, delete and
> restore your backup at the same time you load the package version.
>
> The big "gotcha" for installing SVN on machines running package versions
> is to compile with the:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr <your options here>
>
> command line rather than allowing the default of /usr/local for the prefix.
>
> To include the packages you need to build
>
> apt-get build-dep mythtv
Thanks Bill

SVN version only will be installed. I found that the package version
sticks it executables in /usr so I am going with default of /usr/local
just to be different. At the moment I am going to the "make" step until
today's recordings are finished and I have more time later to do the
transfer. That is if I can get MythMusic compiled.

Cheers
Bruce