[mythtv-users] Which nVidia video card would You recommend for MythTV

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 22:45:36 UTC 2007

On 8/11/07, Alan Calvert <cal at graggrag.com> wrote:

> However, when mythtv-vid is unleashed, all that looks like changing.
> Then the 6200 will perhaps be an optimistic minimum, with more and
> perhaps serious graphics grunt becoming highly desirable.

I have not been following the developers list, so I have no idea what
mythtv-vid is.  Would anyone mind chiming with an prediction of what
type of GPU may be required for it?  Also, will this be optional, like
using the OpenGL painter is for right now?

I saw this for and got some information on it:
http://www.nabble.com/mythtv-vid-branch-needs-testing-t4202218s15552.html
but I still am not clear on what exactly this will do and if this is
aimed for way down the road, or soon (meaning I would *potentially*
need to replace my 5200 card).