[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct advertising model

Paul Huber paul2004x at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:33:48 UTC 2007

I just got contacted by a company that saw the new LinuxMCE demo video and
asked if if I'd be willing to put ads on that page-flipping 3d EPG guide in
LinuxMCE that floats on top of myth.  They said if they were able to make an
arrangement so that instead of directly paying schedules direct for your
guide data, you instead agreed to let them puts ads on your guide and they
basically covered the cost (presumably paying schedules direct), if there
would be a lot of Myth users that would like that.  I have no idea what to
say because I've got no idea what the response from the myth community would
be.  Does anybody have an idea what could be expected and if this is
something anybody would want to entertain, or if the schedules direct team
would even want to allow it?