[mythtv-users] Program Guide locking up

Paul van Gerven baloedebruinebeer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 15:46:50 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this issue has been raised before, but I could not find a way
to search the archives, nor did googling or posting on relevant forums
get me anywhere.

Mythtv is working fine, except for one major annoyance. When I call the
program guide while watching live TV, I cannot move around in it using
the 'cursor keys' on the remote. Instead, I can make exactly one move
(i.e. either up, down or right) and then the guide becomes completely
unresponsive, although the preview keeps running. The only key that
keeps working is the one I assigned to 'quit' so I can go back to
watching LiveTV.

Something similar happens when I try to quit MythTV altogether. When
asked for confirmation I cannot switch between yes or no. The only thing
I can do is press quit to return to the main menu.

I should also mention that this error does not kick in immediately after
I start the frontend. Once or twice, the guide works fine, and only then
the lock up problem surfaces. If quit the frontend point and restart,
the error persist. If I reboot, I can fully browse the guide once or
twice again.

I tried debugging the isse running the frontend from a terminal, but all
I saw were small errors unrelated to the problem (to my amateur eye).

Below is some relevant info. Any ideas on how to approach this problem?
Or perhaps I should file a bug?

Mythtv version: 0.20-svn20070122 from the Ubuntu repository
Running on: Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty)
Relevant hardware: E6600 processor/ABIT AB 9 Pro mobo/Hauppauge PVR-350

Paul