[mythtv-users] MythWeb - Mix SVN & Package?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sat Aug 11 11:26:46 UTC 2007

William Munson wrote:
> Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have just finished a full rebuild of my machine after some nasty
>> things happened. This time I used the packaged version of Myth from the
>> Fiesty (Ubuntu) packages and only now realise that MythWeb is not the
>> same as I had. The packaged version seems to have less functionality
>> than what I had Friday (things like the "Currently recording" display in
>> Recorded Programs).
>>
>> My question is, can I use the SVN version of MythWeb on my Fiesty
>> package install? I really miss the extra bits...
>>

> No. You will have to build and install the entire package. It is really
> simple to be able to build from source with ubuntu so don't feel its
> beyond your abilities. If you have questions ask away, I will try to
> help. You are probably going to need to do your own compiling to get the
> shedulesdirect code at the end of the month so plan ahead.
>
> Bill

Hi Bill

Bummer :) I missed a bunch of recordings yesterday and SWMBO had a hissy
fit, not to mention the kids. I built the last install from code and it
worked out OK but I remember having issues (which I am sure you helped
with at the time). Can I have both versions on the machine while I
perfect things?

Oh, and I won't need the schedulesdirect code, I am in Australia and use
the wonderful Shepherd script.

Cheers
Bruce