[mythtv-users] Resurrecting old lirc pauses issue

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 07:02:11 UTC 2007

There was a thread a while back which talked about lirc pausing
intermittently for 1 or 2 minutes then starting again - see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/266620?do=post_view_flat#266620

The only solution seemed to be to hack the lirc source code which I
don't want to do - primarily because I don't want to start installing
things from source as I install just about everything exclusively from
ATrpm binaries.

I want to try to figure out an alternative solution. Quite a few
people were suffering from this before. Has anyone had success with a
fix? Could people please describe their experiences here - what
distro, what version of MythTV and lirc, what kernel version, combine
BE/FE or separate, what lirc module etc.

My setup is:
   Fedora Core 5
   kernel 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5
   lirc 0.8.2.67_cvs20070301.fc5
   Combined FE/BE
   lirc_serial
   MythTV 0.20.1

I'm specifically thinking maybe this is a lirc_serial thing so if I go
and buy a MCE USB IR receiver the problem might go away. But if
someone using the same receiver is also getting the problem then I'll
save myself some money and effort.

Regards,
Phill