[mythtv-users] MythArchive isnt

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 04:19:26 UTC 2007

On 8/10/07, Martin Turner <xmode at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi MythList,
>
> A long time ago I had MythArchive working fine (well as fine as it got
> in 0.20 anyway) and  I went to use it again a few days ago. Whats
> happening now is that I can select recording fine in "Find Files/Select
> Recordings" but when I go in to "Export/Create DVD" I get the error
> message "You don't have any items to archive". If I then go back in to
> "Find Files/Select Recordings" the recordings I selected before are
> still selected.... (I also get the same error in create native archive)
>
> I have nothing mentioned in the backend or frontend logs and the
> mytharchive log directory is empty. I thought it was a permissions thing
> so I have been playing with them for a few days, but running mythtv as
> root does the same thing.
>
> Any help at all (even help in getting it to generate some sort of log
> file) would be greatly appreciated.

You won't see any log files from the mytburn.py Python script until it
actually gets called.  It sounds like you're not getting that far, if
the MythArchive plugin can't find any recordings to burn.

I'm not sure what part of the MythArchive plugin actually displays
that error message, so I can't say for sure where the problem is.  You
might want to double-check your paths for the MythArchive settings.
Make sure that the work directory exists.

I'm not sure if its necessary, but my permissions for my work
directory are 'chmod 777'.  You don't need to worry about creating the
'log', 'work' or 'config' sub-directories... MythArchive will create
them for you.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com