[mythtv-users] TMS <-> SD deal makes LifeHacker.com

David Schmidt david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:41:22 UTC 2007

On 8/10/07, Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 8/10/2007 3:10 PM, David Schmidt wrote:
> > Their stated current rate is $15 for 3 months.  That makes their
> > current rate $60 a year.
> >
> > They hope (not promise) to drop it to $20 a year.  If that happens
> > after the 1st period, that would make the 1st year $30 and all others
> > $20.
> >
> Unless we do so well we can adjust subscription end dates to make it
> retroactive.  We're going to do the best we can for the communities...
> that's why we're doing it.  No conspiracy, no gotcha, but we do to still
> limit our risks.  We're trying to be very upfront and honest.

I know all that, Robert, and I am desperately sorry if I offended any
of those actually involved in SchedulesDirect work.  That was
certainly not my intention.  You guys (so far as I can tell not seeing
how it actually rolls out yet) did a fantastic job on almost no
resources in a ridiculous timeframe.  You're all awesome.

I was just tiring of Ian presuming the reduction would happen.  You
hope it will.  We all hope it will.  However, you've not promised
(nor, IMO, should you at this point).  We each must base our decisions
on what it costs today.

For me, I was saying when everyone was wildly speculating what the
price would be that I hoped it wasn't over $5 a month.  It's not.  I'm
happy.  Sure, I'll be happier if it drops, but even if it doesn't, so
long as it doesn't go up significantly, you got me!