[mythtv-users] Matroska seeking?

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 13:32:52 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> hrmm, admittedly mine are ones I'm downloading. Are yours x264
> matroska files or another codec?
>
> thanks!

Mine are x264 with AC3 audio wrapped in Matroska.  Actually, built
using a script that was posted on the list a while back by someone
else.  I know little about it still, but basically the requirement for
Matroska rested on the muxing with AC3 requirement, at least it did at
the time (which I'm sure you know).  Otherwise I wouldn't have known
about the Matroska container.  Encoding was done with mencoder, I
believe.  I'll have to check my scripts when I get home tonight.  I
updated SVN a couple days ago and admit I haven't tried playing them
since then, but the version before that couldn't have been more than a
couple weeks old and I know seeking was fine there.  Maybe you just
have files that aren't properly "indexed"? (Speaking a little over my
head now...)