[mythtv-users] Can't get usb iMon VFD working on Silverstone LC16M case

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:45:20 UTC 2007

The best place to look for answers is http://venky.ws/projects/imon/ but...

> If I remove a working device, eg my mouse, I get a 'device disconnected'
> message in the logs but when I plug the VFD in I get absolutely no output in
> the log.  If I reconnect the mouse I get a 'device connected' log message.

I've never hot-swapped my VFD. Power down the machine, plug it in, and
restart it.

lsusb should show a device with a vendor:product ID of 15c2:ffdc -
this is the VFD. I see no  mention of the manufacturer in the output
or anything else to readily identify it, this information was garnered
from previous investigation.

> Does this mean the hardware is broken?  Or is it possible that it's just not
> being recognised.

I'd be worried if it didn't show up in lsusb _at all_. Have you got
the relevant driver installed (standalone or LIRC-enabled)? I don't
remember seeing any output in the syslogs on boot, but then the box is
never rebooted...

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: