[mythtv-users] OT: CyberHome CH-MDP 2500 anyone?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Thu Aug 9 22:59:29 UTC 2007

I found this little thing on Ubid, for $25 including shipping, so I bought one.  It is a
cute little portable mini-DVD player.  The display is small but very sharp and clear.
What I'd like to do with it is dump some shows and such to mini-DVDs and play
them on this little thing.  I haven't yet bought any mini-DVD-Rs to try with it, so I
was wondering if anyone else is familiar with this little thing and how I'd go about
doing that.  I don't know anything about what formats it supports, or anything
really.  I'm also hoping it supports MP3s on a DVD-ROM; I doubt it, but if it does,
it'd make a nice little portable MP3 player.  A lot of MP3s could fit on a mini-DVD,
and it is cheaper than most MP3 players.

If it is possible to play shows recorded from MythTV and such on this thing, then it
is a real BARGAIN.