[mythtv-users] Could we revisit adding a third discussion list?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 9 18:02:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 12:51:17PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > Precisely.  That Brian views the problem the way he does tells me he
> > doesn't know how to kill a thread in his mailreader.
>
> Sure I do.  It's just cumbersome to have to set up kill filters for
> every OT thread on this list (and there are lots!) and then you get this
> never-ending growing list of old kill-filters that every incoming
> message has to pass through.

If it's more cumbersome than "K", you need to reconsider your choice of
mail reader.

"Yeah. It's that important."

> > Brian: you typicall kill an entire thread when you get sick of reading
> > it, and then you don't see any of it anymore.
>
> Yeah, and with the number of OT threads on this list I end up with
> hundreds of useless filters that every message is passing through.

Clearly, they're not useless if they keep you from seeing things you
don't want to see.

That's the polite way of saying "how self-important of you to think
that your personal preferences, which are so easy to implement on your
own computer, are of such high priority that everyone else should be
subjected to them as well -- often against their own preferences."

Cheers,
-- jr 'well, you asked' a