[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Announces Initial Pricing

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:32:02 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, John Arkoian <jarkoian at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Somewhere in a thread here I remember reading an un-official number of
> Zap2It labs mythtv-based users in the amount of 64,000 folks.  I don't know
> if this is accurate, but it seems plausible.
>
> 64K x $20/year (goal price, not current schedulesdirect.org pricing) = +1.3
> million USD/year
>
> Does anyone else see a problem with this?

No I do not.  All of those that are on the board have been OSS
advocates and dedicated much time to the respective projects with
which they are involved.   I have no doubts that they are ethically
trustworthy and will be offering a fair price for the service that
they are developing.

I honestly wouldn't even mind if they had some sort of salary,
especially if it only cost $20 a year for the schedules.  If they are
getting paid for SD then they would possibly have more time to invest
in MythTV to make it even better.

Billy