[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Announces Initial Pricing

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 9 17:05:19 UTC 2007

Gavin Haslett wrote:
> Excellent news, and I can live with that, too. $5 is a small price to pay in
> my opinion for decent quality schedule feeds. I never had a complaint with
> Z2IL either, but they made their decision.

As far as we can tell from our tests (which should indicate a pretty
good opinion), you would only need to change the zap2it labs grabber URL
in the mythtv source and recompile.

That will changes if SchedulesDirect ever starts offering our own
download choices (which we would like to, so we can provide our own
value-added services).

I should also note that there *will* be a MythTV 0.20.2 release before
all of this happens, which will support Schedules Direct, and which I'm
sure will quickly get integrated into the various packages out there.

Unfortunately, those of you running legacy software will have to
upgrade, or start using XMLTV manually.

-Chris