[mythtv-users] MythWeb Access Help

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 9 16:57:38 UTC 2007

On 08/09/2007 11:01 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2007, at 12:05 AM, Ian Forde wrote:
>
>> Actually, after thinking about it for a bit, the best way WOULD be to
>> implement multiple users inside myth.  Then mythweb would be able to
>> leverage it... but that's a long-term solution... ;)
>>
>> In fact, it was tried before during last year's Google SoC, no?
>>
>> Of course, I'd love it if it could all be integrated into LDAP if it
>> were done, but I doubt that would happen - probably easier to
>> integrate
>> if the users were in mysql...
> I agree multi-user support would be cool, but I guarantee you that if
> I did it, it would suit ONLY my needs of two users limiting 1
> directory. I've got the PHP  knowledge to hack it together, but I
> have never put the time into learning C++ and at this point in my
> life, I don't imagine I will have that kind of time for a long, long
> time.

Even if there were a multi-user MythWeb patch available--without MythTV
multi-user support--it may help convince others to put some effort into
multi-user MythTV.  MythWeb can always be changed to use the "future"
MythTV multi-user support once it's available.

But, if you can find a workaround with acceptable annoyances, that's
probably a lot easier.

Mike