[mythtv-users] upgraded to fedora 7, now firewire is broken

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Thu Aug 9 16:19:01 UTC 2007

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> On 8/9/07, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:
>

>> Fedora 7 has a brand new firewire stack the old modules are not built by
>> default. I had to manually compile them which was sort of a pain. Here's
>> a thread that may be helpful.
>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=157524
>>

> This is kind of what I gathered from digging around last night, but
> someone out there must be using atrpms, firewire, fedora 7 and not
> compiling things.  I would rather not have to roll up my sleeves and
> compile modules myself, but will attempt if no one else is able to get
> firewire without doing so.
>

>> There is an ezplanet repo that supplies fedora kernels with the old
>> firewire modules built, however, you can't really use that kernel and
>> ATrpms nvidia, ivtv, lirc, etc kmdl packages.
>>

> saw that also, but didnt see how i could get my other kernel modules,
> so did not try to use this.

Unless you can coerce Axel into enabling those modules and rebuilding
the kernel, then putting it up on ATrpms. But I'm guessing he has plenty
on his plate already.

Check out post #40 on the above mentioned thread. That guy says it will
only take 5 minutes to do. I'm going to have to redo all of this here
soon because I'm still running 2.6.21-3228. I've been hesitating to
upgrade to 2.6.22 just because its all working now and I'm going to have
to manually rebuild those when I do upgrade.

Mike