[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Announces Initial Pricing

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Thu Aug 9 15:35:03 UTC 2007

Excellent news, and I can live with that, too. $5 is a small price to pay in
my opinion for decent quality schedule feeds. I never had a complaint with
Z2IL either, but they made their decision.

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is as follows:

I have an older Myth installation. It's 0.20 still, but it's an "abandoned"
platform for updates from atrpms; namely Fedora Core 3. Yeah, it's been
in-place a while. Anyway, it's been running great and has been stable as
hell (and has a high WAF) so I've been somewhat loathe to change it.

Now, will I be able to put together a script that'll pull SD data as an XML
and import using mythfilldatabase? Is someone already working on this? Would
it behoove me to get off my butt and just upgrade the operating system now
and just be done with it?

I WILL be signing up for SD, it's just a technical matter now. Plus, Gentoo
would be my Linux of choice these days but I'm not sure they'll update soon
enough before our rapidly approaching termination date of Z2IL.

Gavin