[mythtv-users] A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:03:59 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually no, not a unified lineup.  XMLTV/tv_grab_na_dd only supports one
> "lineup" per "config" file.  Even though all lineups are downloaded, only
> the one in the config file is used.  In addition the config file lets you
> filter out certain stations.
>
> My solution is this:
>
> tuner1.config
>
> username: user
> password: pass
> timezone: -0500
> lineup:   TX42822:-
> channel: 54 AETV
> channel: 43 CNBC
> not channel: 3 DSC
> not channel: 57 TLC
>
> tuner2.config
>
> username: user
> password: pass
> timezone: -0500
> lineup:   TX42822:-
> not channel: 54 AETV
> not channel: 43 CNBC
> channel: 3 DSC
> channel: 57 TLC
>
> tv_grab_na_dd --config-file-tuner1.config --dd-data=dd.xml --output=
> tuner1.xmltv
> tv_grab_na_dd --config-file-tuner2.config --dd-data=dd.xml --output=
> tuner2.xmltv --reprocess
> mythdatabaseload  tuner1.xmltv  (syntax made up, remember I don't know
> myth)
> mythdatabaseload  tuner2.xmltv
>
> Robert

This certainly looks like it will solve the problem of requiring multiple
accounts to download the lineup data.  I'll have to give this a try.

But it still is not the *best* way to handle this.  My situation is a little
different; but I think it represents the typical in the real world.

cablebox.config
channel: 1
channel: 2
channel: 3
channel: 4

qamtuner.config
channel: 1
channel: 2
(3 and 4 excluded)

In this scenario, mythfilldatabase runs twice, once for each of the tuner
configurations.  However, since the qamtuner.config is a subset of the
cablebox.config, the second run is completely wasted, all the data
duplicates existing data in the database.

Since mythfilldatabase taxes the system, it would make a lot of sense to
consolidate the channels required and update the database in a single pass.

Tom