[mythtv-users] upgraded to fedora 7, now firewire is broken

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:44:29 UTC 2007

I can't seem to load the firewire driver since upgrading to fedora 7.
I think there is some issue with the kernel, because it was working
until I was successful at upgrading the kernel from a fc5 to a fc7
version.

Plugreport gives me this result:
[mythtv at localhost ~]$ plugreport
raw1394 - couldn't get handle: No such device or address
This error usually means that the raw1394 driver is not loaded or that
/dev/raw1394 does not exist.

But I do have /dev/raw1394:
# ls /dev/raw1394
/dev/raw1394

I am running 2.6.22.1-41.fc7

and when I try to modprobe raw1394:
FATAL: Module raw1394 not found.

The interesting bits from lsmod:
firewire_ohci          20673  0
firewire_core          43137  1 firewire_ohci

I also see this in dmesg:
firewire_core: created new fw device fw1 (0 config rom retries)
firewire_core: phy config: card 0, new root=ffc1, gap_count=5

Is there something new with fedora 7?  How should I properly load the
firewire driver?