[mythtv-users] Dual-Head and misplacement of mythfrontend

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Thu Aug 9 06:24:25 UTC 2007

What I have is a Ubuntu Feisty on laptop [1] with docking station [2]
and a LCD TV [3]. Which ever way it would work with mythtv I would be
satisfied. But of course I want to use laptop also as a laptop at home
normally while not in mythtv use.

It has internal ATI Radeon 9000 FireGL r250v2 graphics card. The
docking station has DVI and VGA output. I have tried couple of nights
to get mythtv showing right on it with no luck. The best so far has
been I get the same display on both screens with xorgs MergedFB Clone
option [4]. This is what I try to go forward with.

THE PROBLEM: Once I play anything the video only shows on the laptop
LCD and TV becomes blue. Menus show ok on TV, and othervise it seems
alright. But it would be the picture on TV which I would be interested
of, not the blue screen :)

This happens with both mplayer or internal being the player. I also
have the MergedXinerama option on.  I also tried
MergedXineramaCRT2IsScreen0 option, but the movie stays on laptop
screen only. Weird. Like it would be drawn to FB directly, and always
to the wrong one.

I tried with options -display :0.1 and :1.0 but they give a respond x
server not found. Only :0.0 works, somehow MergedFB doesn't seem to
create different viewports/screens.

[1] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T41
[2] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_Mini-Dock
[3] http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le40m86bdxxeu.asp?page=Specifications