[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Win TV HVR USB Stick

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Thu Aug 9 04:51:51 UTC 2007

Probably wont work with cable digital channels, which, I believe, are
usually QAM (Quadrature amplitude modulation).  I think that
over-the-air is strictly FM (Frequency Modulation).  It is conceivable
that the cable company provides over-the-air type signals, but our cable
company (Comcast) is into maximizing profits, and for that, they need to
get as many channels crammed down the pipe as possible and QAM enables
LOTS of channels on a single wire.

DaveD.