[mythtv-users] Mac Mini DVI problem

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 22:04:06 UTC 2007

sebastianbuks at yahoo
on Aug 8, 2007, 2:17 PM

> I want to make a switch. So has anyone a solution
> for this? Maybe splitting the DVI signal or just a
> simple switch to change where the signal is going?

I've used a 3x1 Octava switch with my mini, HTPC, and
DVD player for two or three years.  Prices seem to be
dropping on such products.
http://www.octavainc.com/
http://www.firefold.com/Categories/HDMI-Products/HDMI-Switches--Splitters.aspx?gclid=COXRpeHy5o0CFQHmhgodNhw3qw

or try an online search for many others.

I think you'll run into signal integrity problems if
you attempt to split the DVI-D signals.  Assuming that
the mini outputs both the DVI-D and analog DVI-A
signals simultaneously, you may be able to break out
the analog signals, if one of your displays supports
an analog VGA input.

-Cal