Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:46:56 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Jake <jakep_82 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > It's kind of crazy to think people should want something, but not talk
> > about it or think about it or ask about it "until we say so" Think
> > anyone could have got a herd of people outside Best Buy waiting for an
> > X-box or something to "stop talking about it, you shouldn't talk about
> > it until you buy one."
>
> Apples and oranges.  If I'm waiting outside a Best Buy for a widget, the
> specs for that widget have already been made public and it has most likely
> already been  reviewed.  Most of the details for this haven't been released
> yet so all anyone is doing is speculating.

Not really.  There is a deadline, a "change over date" that seems to
be pretty fixed in this case.  And, when people have to switch on that
day, and know the day is tomming, it's human nature to wonder more and
more about it, ask more about it, look at other options, look at other
angles.

To not plan and thing forward isn't a wise move.  I've already dusted
off my TiVo and thought about switching back from Cox to DirecTV.
I've got prices from them.  I checked my PayPal account was still
valid encase I have to go that way.  I'm finding out all I can as soon
as I can, because it's clear that SOMETHING is going to change.

It's pretty crazy to think people are going to just stop talking about
it, stop worrying about it, and stop caring as those dates approach.
Maybe you have, maybe you can.  That's maybe good for you, it's not a
bad thing.  But trying to tell others to not think about it, not talk
about it, not wonder about it does seem a bit much.  If you don't want
to talk about it or hear about it, you can stop reading about this.