Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:15:41 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> Well, what I really wanted to do was track credit card numbers, but that
> would require dealing directly with credit card numbers (bad on so many
> levels).
>
> But there are other options like tracking email addresses, domains, ip
> addresses, etc.  There was plenty of discussion on this topic before SD
> announced that we exist.

It's not the money or fee part that bothers me.  It's the "hey let's
throw something together in a couple months" concept of doing
something.  While, it seemed clear what they are trying is the exact
same thing a commercial provider has already tried, and had to close
its doors.

That's why I asked why all the discussion of competition seems to have
stopped, and all the focus is on schedulesdirect.org.  If I'm going to
pay a fee, something I'm happy to do, then I'd be just as happy paying
Zap2It directly (but they don't want to go there, for risk and abuse
reason), or TitanTV, or for that matter, anyone.  The bigger, more
stable, more open, the better.

That's sorta what I'm worried about.  If I'm going to pay for
something, anything, I'd like to know it's really going to work.  If
it's TiVo, I'm thinking they won't go belly up over some issue like
this...  They could I guess...  But....  it really comes down to who's
willing to bet on which horse.