Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Aug 8 18:10:59 UTC 2007

David Brodbeck wrote:
> Secondly, it's hard to make money by selling something to companies
> and giving it to individuals.  Eventually the companies wise up and
> say, "Hey, instead of us buying this, we'll just tell our users to go
> get it for free."  I suspect this was what torpedoed Data Direct.

Data Direct is alive and well.  In fact, that's exactly what Schedules
Direct will be using (trust me, only accidental similarity in the name
-- TMS had more trouble with Easy TV Data because of a similar trademark
they own).

Zap2it Labs went away because TMS decided that it was too much effort to
police it for fraud.  Just about everyone we've worked with at TMS and
Labs said that they felt bad about the free service going away.

-Chris