[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Aug 8 16:24:37 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Braindead wrote:
> If the goal is to provide the service at the best possible price
> (thus the price may go down/up), perhaps allowing people to mail in
> a check/money-order  to 'pre-pay' for services and then debit that
> monthly using the current rates.

I can see two reasons they might not want to do that:

- It adds a lot of manual labor for an organization that probably
doesn't have any full-time staff.
- They become liable for the pre-payments they're holding in their
accounts.

Besides, a paper check isn't any more secure than PayPal; probably
less.  Anyone who gets their hands on that check has everything they
need to do an ACH debit against your account!