[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver for Harmony remote

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Wed Aug 8 16:09:16 UTC 2007

Willy Boyd wrote:
> That has _got_ to be something already in the Harmony DB, to keep us
> from having to "teach" codes which we can't fire off (not having the
> physical device).  The trick is finding out which one.  Their app is
> mostly nice but is definitely a tad slow.  If you do happen to call
> tech support and get some good info, please share!  :-)  I haven't yet
> simply because I know I don't have a good universal receiver anyway.

Now, that I've already spent the money on this StreamZap I'm beginning
to think I went about this all the wrong way. I should have just bought
an IR keyboard to begin with. Wouldn't even need to mess with LIRC then.
./sigh

May be going back to Fry's to see if they will let me return that
StreamZap and get an IR keyboard. Keyboard should communicate with an IR
receiver that converts everything to PS/2. Harmony should learn those
codes, and myth will think I'm just using a keyboard. Bah, why didn't I
think of all that last night. :-/

Mike