[mythtv-users] UK Petition regarding BBC and Windows

C.Mortimer at research-int.com C.Mortimer at research-int.com
Wed Aug 8 12:56:08 UTC 2007

> Message: 11
> Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:34:03 +0100
> From: "Justin Hornsby" <justin.hornsby at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] UK Petition regarding BBC and Windows
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> I'm sure some people will think of this subject as one worthy of
> comment or protest - but an online petition to force the government's
> hand?  Oh please!
>
> Yet another shining example of why the e-petitions site is a waste of
> taxpayers' money.

Jeeess,...settle down
...Hopefully not too much money... It is open source :-)
http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page11051.asp

> "Hey, I hear you need a computer to use the BBC's iPlayer software.
> Not being the owner of a computer I think it's a gratuitous waste of
> licence fee money.  Withdraw the service now!"

No, don't withdraw it, just make it available to as many people as
possible.
In order to get that message across it needs as many people as possible
to say "I want it opened up!"

Carrick