[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Aug 8 04:44:47 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 9:32 PM, Robert Current wrote:
> (EIT taboo subjects).

Eh?  Why do you say EIT is taboo?  I've heard it discussed here
several times, but from what I understand the EIT data provided by
U.S. broadcasters is extremely limited, making it not very useful.

Heck, it's even supported already:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/EIT

I'm not sure where these rumors about taboo subjects and people
getting booted off the list for talking about alternative scheduling
sources come from.  This mindset that the list admins are out there
wearing jackboots and ordering people around puzzles me.  Do people
think they're in some sort of conspiracy with SchedulesDirect to
suppress the competition, or something?  It's bizarre.

> I'm not hostile.

Well, then maybe I misjudged your tone.  Your posts came across as
quite hostile to me.  There are a few posters who, reading between
the lines, seem to feel some resentment towards SchedulesDirect,
maybe because they feel it's stolen thunder from their own solutions,
or because they perceive it as being dictated by some authority
figure.  Maybe, coming in the same thread, I associated some of that
tone with you.

Regardless, this conversation is producing far more heat than light,
so I'll bow out.