[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 04:32:53 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> More FUD.  There's been no suggestion so far that their code won't be
> OSS; in fact, I seriously doubt it.

They have released no code.  They have released a statment they will
require money for the service.  And I said, "does anyone know" and
your reply seems to be, you don't know either.

> I suspect they *will* be releasing open-source code, when they have
> code ready to release.  In fact, since it'll be integrated with
> MythTV, at least parts of it will have to be open source.  Open-
> sourcing the software is hardly incompatible with charging for the
> service it connects to.
>
> Why are you so hostile towards SchedulesDirect?  You seem to be
> seriously angry about that project and I'm not sure why.

I'm not.  I have, and will continue to say, if it is a reasonable
cost, for a reasonable service, I would be willing to pay.  Until that
time, I don't know why anyone wouldn't look for another option,
something not so "secret," that might work in the future (other
projects), works now but hasn't been mentioned (commercial), or is
totally free (EIT taboo subjects).

I'm not hostile.  I just asked "is this the only option?"  To which I
got a VERY hostile reaction, almost a religious reaction challenging
the existence of god... "trust, it will be there, have faith, don't
question, just be ready to reach for your wallet..."  Why is asking if
that is the only option hostile?  This is turning into a troll fest!
I have not trolled, I am not attacking, I'm asking.  And I've accused
of several things now, like being hostile and complaining, which are
simply NOT TRUE.